I just explored the ArtsManager website and like most the more people who are committed to participating, the better it is.
Here is a little summary:
1. The site provides a weekly news roundup. It is nice to have an organized group of articles about relevant topics all on one site.
2. The site has a discussion board. For the most part, I feel discussion boards are all the same and are generally only as good as the people who actually post on them, but this one (as an internationally promoted site) has the potential to be an amazing resource for arts managers. I would hope over time, arts managers from all over the world can provide input to questions posted by emerging or established professionals - the diversity and the breadth of knowledge would be invaluable.
3. The Resource Center. Alas, it is currently pretty thin but here's hoping for an abundance of valuable resources! Another part of the website that has the potential to be great.
4. The Surveys. Ever have a question about something like "what are your membership benefits" for another organization? Now you don't have to make an intern look up the phone numbers or e-mails for all of the people you want to ask, you can just post a survey on this website and get responses.
There were a few not-so-good things about it:
1. Holy navigation problems Batman! Click here, go here, click there, go to the same here...weird and a little eerie. I almost felt like I was meant to be reading something on that page. Like most websites, the kinks just need to be worked out
2. Not enough people participating......yet.
I would be interested in hearing everybody's thoughts once they explore the site!